Thursday, December 3, 2009

Too Good to Pass Up!!!!

This one is just too good to pass up. American green jobs make for good rhetoric, but the fact of the matter is most of these jobs are located overseas. The leader in green energy technology, believe it or not, is China. In last week’s issue of Business Week, an article appeared describing alliances forming between American and Chinese electric companies.

The Chinese, apparently, have patents on gizmos that remove CO(2) from coal emission stacks. This technology actually removes the carbon dioxide from the emissions and moves it into mammoth storage tanks. Then they recycle the stuff. They actually sell it to soft drink bottlers where it is used to carbonate beverages. Wow!! You get electricity and club soda all at the same time.

Well, I thought about this for awhile. The goal, of course, is to keep the carbon dioxide from getting into the atmosphere. It occurred to me that this doesn’t quite accomplish the ultimate goal. The carbon dioxide is going to get into the atmosphere one way or the other.

I don’t know about you, but if I were to guzzle a bottle of Coca Cola, that carbon dioxide would get into the atmosphere with one great big belch. And if I were to drink a Coke or some root beer after eating a dish of ice cream, that nasty greenhouse gas would reach the atmosphere another way a lot less pleasant!!

You see. It doesn’t change the amount of carbon dioxide reaching the atmosphere, only the method of delivery…unless Obama wants me to attach carbon scrubbers to my various body parts. Parts is parts. Don’t put it past them. After all, they want to tax cows, can anything we do be far behind?

I can’t believe that I have reduced myself to writing something like this.

No comments: