Friday, March 13, 2009

Here Come The Global Warmers Again

Here come the global warmers again. According to AOL, hundreds of leading scientists reported at a global warming conference in Copenhagen this past week that things are much worse than they thought. They believe that global warming is picking up steam and that the oceans will rise as much as 23 inches by the end of the century. The purpose of the conference was to update 2007 findings of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which will be reporting to a new effort at an international treaty on climate change. It is imperative we implement immediate and vigorous technological and economic changes to stop greenhouse gas emissions.

Gadzooks!!! Are we in trouble or what? Because this is a rant, I haven’t done any research on the matter to see who’s who in what has become a quasi-religious/political movement which may or may not be based in science. I do know that several days ago, scientists said that the measurements of the melting polar ice caps were faulty by hundreds of thousands of square miles due to a satellite computer glitch. I have also read reports that over the past 10 years, there has been no global warming. In fact, many scientists are returning to the cool down theory as opposed to the heat up theory. I also know that the originators of the global warming theories back in the 1970’s have changed their tune, and have stated that the amounts of carbon as a percentage of the atmosphere are miniscule to start with, and the changes within those amounts are even more miniscule, that there may be some problems with the theory.

I also know that an ocean used to be where Saudi Arabia is now, that glaciers used to cover where I live now, that Niagara Falls has receded 15 miles down the Niagara River and was originally more of a rapid. I know that we have had several ice ages of various lengths, and that Greenland used to be much warmer that it is now, and Europe much colder…and of course let’s not forget the dust bowl in the 1930’s.

I have been watching several programs about the origin of the universe these past few weeks, and how the earth orbits the sun, and the radiation and sunspots that come from the sun and effect everything from weather to television signals, and about the wiggle of the earth’s access causing a shift in the magnetic poles from time to time causing all sorts of issues. I learned how the universe is constantly expanding, and about theories of how to change the orbit of the earth when our sun starts to die and expand. I learned that the exhaust from my lawn mower is like a drop in the ocean when it comes to factors effecting the earth's climate.

All of which leads me to conclude that this global warming stuff is a bunch of political claptrap that some people, like Al Gore, have become so vested in that they are willing to sell the world down the river to prove they are right. It is a disease. Not that I don’t think cleaning up the air is a bad idea. I'm for it. On the other hand, I'm not ready to return to running along an Indian, excuse me…Native American path to get to the Dairy Mart because of the weather.

Enough already!!!!!

No comments: